6.14.2009

sewing

mila dress from burda style that I am going to attempt to make

I have been feeling a lack of creativity here of lately. I need a hobby. My awesome aunt Sandy, used to do "Camp sandy" when I was younger which I learned many cool things like embroidery, sewing, cooking potato chips... etc. Thinking of that I am thinking I need to use those skills. Sandy is an excellent seamstress... seriously, if only I could be that good. So as my mom has hooked me up with a new sewing machine I feel like I need to put it to use (besides the occasional hem job).

While searching for patterns, I found this awesome site for sewing, novice to expert seamstress. It is called Burda Style. It has patterns (some are even free!!), a terminology glossary, how-to's, a blog, and just generally a cool community in which to exchange tips! What is super cool is that it follows current trends and posts patterns there too (jumpsuit romper anyone?).

I believe my first project will be a dress made from Amy Butler fabric. I'll let you know how it goes.
Amy Butler fabric for dress

Also, if you are in Dallas there are some excellent classes at Make Studio in Bishop Arts district.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...